To gather your student loan information you will need your federal student loan FSA ID and NSLDS file (federal student loan listing). This will help expedite your student loan counseling session. Your counselor can always assist you if you prefer to obtain this information during your counseling session.
If you do not have an FSA ID
If you need to create an FSA ID, you can do so at FSAID.ed.gov. Once you have created your FSA ID, remember to link your former PIN to your new FSA ID so that you will have immediate access to your federal student aid information online
To download your NSLDS file, please complete the following steps:
- Step 1- Go to NSLDS.ed.gov
- Step 2- Click 'Financial Aid Review' on the homepage.
- Step 3- Click Accept
- Step 4- Enter your FSA ID (Username and Password)
- Step 5- Click 'My Student Data Download' to download student loan information. The file will be in 'txt' file format.
- Step 6- Save downloaded 'txt' file to desktop.
- Step 7- Email 'txt' file as an attachment to: Studentloans@takechargeamerica.org